Helen M. Bramlett
- Director, Undergraduate Neuroscience Program
- Member, Neuroscience Program
- Pathophysiology of CNS injury and repair
- Testing novel therapeutic strategies targeting specific mechanisms of damage.
- Investigating the importance of targeted temperature management in brain injury
- Evaluating cell therapies and proneurogenic compounds to promote reparative processes.
- Functional recovery after CNS injury.
University of Texas
Northeast Louisiana University
University of Miami
Dr. Bramlett is an internationally recognized with over 20 years’ experience in the field of CNS injury including the pathophysiology and treatment of traumatic brain and spinal cord injury. She has authored over 70 peer-reviewed papers and 10 chapters. She is currently funded by NIH, DOD and the VA.
Dr. Bramlett has been at the University of Miami since 1993 and currently is Professor of Neurological Surgery and Director of the Undergraduate Neuroscience Program. Dr. Bramlett serves on several national review boards and is on the Editorial Board of Journal of Neurotrauma, Translational Stroke Research and BMC Neuroscience. She is the Managing Editor of Therapeutic Hypothermia and Temperature Management.