Thomas K. Harris
- Fax: 305-243-3955
- Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Director of Medical and Undergraduate Education
- MBL Course Coordinator of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Primary Appointment of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Undergrad Advisor for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Cancer, inflammation, diabetes, and metabolic disorders.
Cell signaling and metabolism, mechanistic enzymology, protein engineering, and drug discovery.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
University of Mississippi Medical Center
University of Mississippi
Joined UMiami in 2000 after highly productive post-doctoral research at Johns Hopkins University. He is an Associate Professor in the Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB, primary) and Chemistry (secondary). He is highly regarded as a mentor and teacher and currently directs BMB undergraduate and medical educational activities.
His established track record in structural and mechanistic enzymology contributes a rational perspective towards discovery of novel experimental therapeutics, especially towards cancer, inflammation, diabetes, and other metabolic disorders.