H. Peter Larsson, Ph.D.
- Director for Graduate Program in Physiology and Biophysics
- Professor of Physiology and Biophysics
- Understanding how voltage-gated ion channels function and why mutations in voltage-gated ion channels cause diseases, such as cardiac arrhythmia.
- Developing cures and treatments of diseases caused by mutations in voltage-gated ion channels.
- Understand how glutamate transporters function and how they contrubte to neuronal death during stroke and ischemia.
- Determining structure and functiion relationship of voltage-gated proton channels (Hv1)
- Determining strucutre and function relationship of cardiac potassium channels KCNQ1 (Kv7.1) and IKs channels